Keeping It Green On and Off the Course
The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am is a proud pioneer of sustainable golf on the PGA TOUR. In 2019 the event became the third North American golf tournament to receive the Golf Environment Organization (GEO) certification, and received the certification again in 2020 and 2022. Previously, the tournament received Gold Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport.
2023 Sustainability Highlights
Site Protection and Restoration
- Our host courses demonstrate year-round environmental practices and protection by being certified by the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program.
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Resource Management (Waste, Water, and Energy)
- Calculated waste diversion through composting, recycling, and donation and reuse network.
- 168 tons of waste removed from the landfill through Last Chance Mercantile, Regen Monterey, and Shoreline Church partnership has the carbon dioxide impact equivalent of conserving the electricity used by 95 homes for an entire year.
- Measured the tournament water footprint through course irrigation, tournament operations, and bottled water consumed during tournament week.
- Inventoried Carbon Footprint of tournament operations and tournament supply chain.
- Implemented an active responsible and local sourcing/purchasing plan and audit of items that cannot be reused by vendors.
Access and Equity
- Developed plans to reach under-represented groups and help them gain access
to the event through the Community Green Team job opportunities.
- Removed barriers to entry for military/first responders and those involved with the Community Green Team entry for United States Active, Reserve and Retired
Military, Veterans and National Guard by granting two free daily tickets to those requesting.
- 41% of all vendors at the 2023 AT&T Pro-Am were local to Monterey and 22% were women or minority owned businesses.
- Donated tournament proceeds to local non-profits annually to 200+ worthy charities in the tri-county region.
- Donated over $17.5 million to nonprofits serving the community in the focus areas of Health & Human Services, Community & Environment, Arts & Culture, Youth, and Education.
- Awarded $1 million in emergency grants to support residents and communities most impacted by devastating storms and floods, as well as $750,000 in targeted grants to bolster the network of supports addressing the youth mental health crisis.
- Loaves, Fishes & Computers (LFC), a non-profit beneficiary of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, has been named the PGA TOUR Charity of the Year.
- Tournament week youth golf clinics with an aim to unlock the potential in youths from underserved and underrepresented communities.
Learn more about our 2023 sustainability efforts here: